BLACK BEAN BROWNIES by thrivingonplants 💜
Serves: 9 Prep: 10 min Cook: 25 min
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1/4 cup liquid from the can of black beans
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cacao powder
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
To top: Handful vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/360F. Line a square baking pan and set aside.
2. To a blender, combine all of the filling ingredients and blend until smooth.
3. Pour into the prepared baking pan and top with chocolate chips.
4. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until top is completely dry and sides start to pull away from the pan.
5. Allow to cool at room temperature before slicing (they will be very soft, so do not rush this step and make sure they are completely cool).
6. Serve as is or chill in the fridge for a few hours to firm up before enjoying. They are best stored in the fridge for up to 1 week. Enjoy!!!
[Recipe & Photography by Cherie Tu thrivingonplants]
Follow thrivingonplants for even more delicious recipes!