Chickpea & pasta salad by cookingforpeanuts ❤️
1. Cook 8oz pasta. Drain. Rinse under cold water and allow to cool. 2. Rinse and drain 1/2 of one 15oz can chickpeas (3/4 cups). Toss chickpeas with 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp paprika, and salt to taste. (Optional: add 1 tsp olive oil to coat chickpeas.) Bake at 400F until just crispy.
3. Finely chop 1/2 red onion.
4. Cut about 1 cup grape tomatoes into halves.
5. Dressing: Blend on high: 3/4 cups soaked cashews (soak overnight or in hot water for 1 hour), 1/2 cup water, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tsp maple syrup (or to taste), 3 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp ground mustard seed, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp cayenne, 1/4 tsp cumin. Salt and black pepper to taste. (Adjust maple and lemon juice to taste.)
6. In large bowl, mix roasted chickpeas, 1-1/2 to 2 cups of cooked pasta, diced red onion, halved tomatoes, dressing, and chopped parsley in desired quantities. Salt and pepper to taste.
[Recipe & Photography by Nisha from cookingforpeanuts]
Follow cookingforpeanuts for even more delicious recipes!