Crispy Enoki Mushrooms with Spicy Mayo by legallyplantbased
Follow us vegadishes for daily vegan recipes
400 g Enoki mushrooms
150 g tempura flour (egg-free)
200 ml iced water
1/2 tsp sweet paprika powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Vegetable oil for frying
3 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
2-3 tsp hot Sriracha sauce
1 green onion, finely chopped
– In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisky together tempura flour, water, paprika powder and garlic powder until smooth.
– Cut off the bottom part of the Enoki mushrooms and separate them into smaller bunches.
– Pick up the bunches on at a time with chopsticks and dip in the tempura mixture, let excess mixture drip off then fry in hot oil until golden. Fry in small batches so the Enoki mushrooms don’t stick together.
– When golden, place the mushrooms on paper towel to let excess oil drip off.
– Mix ingredients for the spicy mayo in a small bowl and serve the Enoki mushrooms with a sprinkle of green onions immediately while hot.