Crispy oven-baked mushrooms with spicy Tahini dip.by woon.heng
I love mushrooms and King Oyster is one of my favorites. It is juicy once cooked with an amazing texture. This recipe has a crunchy outer layer which makes it a perfect snack for the afternoon. 🙂 I hope you give this simple recipe a try and have a great weekend, friends.
Follow vegadishes for more recipes
– 10oz King Oyster Mushrooms – cleaned with a damp towel and cut into stick shapes
– Aquafaba – chickpeas liquid or oat milk
– Panko breadcrumbs – substitute with gluten-free breadcrumbs if needed
– 3/4 cup of rice flour
– 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
– 1/8 tsp salt and dash of white pepper
– Oil for brushing (oil that can withstand high heat)
Spicy creamy tahini dip: Mix together 1 tablespoon tahini, 2 tablespoons of hot water, 1 teaspoon sriracha, and 1 teaspoon soy sauce until well-combined.
Mix flours in a bowl with salt and white pepper set aside. Place the aquafaba and breadcrumbs on separate plates.
Preheat oven to 475F and lightly brush a sheet pan with oil, set aside.
Dip mushrooms in this sequence:
Place them on a baking sheet pan, then, brush mushrooms with a light coat of oil. Bake for 12-13mins, flip and bake for another 12-13mins, turn broiler to low, broil for another 5mins. Serve with tahini dip.
Air-fry method: You can air-fry using the ‘fries’ settings but the color may not be as golden.