EASY LASAGNA VEGAN RICOTTA ROLL UPS by alexafuelednaturally ❤️ (Note: this recipe was developed and photographed by alexafuelednaturally. Please make sure you follow her page & blog for even more delicious recipes;)) .
10 ounce bag frozen spinach (optional)
Lasagna noodles (I used GF ones)
2 tbsp olive oil
32 ounces marinara sauce
1 (14 ounces) container firm tofu
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Fresh basil to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Then cook your lasagna noodles! Undercook by 2 minutes.
2. Remove tofu from package and wrap tofu block in 2 paper towels. Squeeze for 10 seconds then break apart tofu into your food processor. To the food processor add salt, 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and garlic powder. Pulse 6-10 times until you reach the consistency of ricotta cheese. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings as needed.
3. In a pan add frozen spinach (or MICROWAVE frozen spinach for 2ish minutes) and season with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes m. Remove from pan and add to ricotta. I pulsed 3-4 times into the ricotta.
4. Spread marinara sauce sauce onto the bottom of a oven-proof skillet; set aside. (I use a cast iron)
5,Once lasagna noodles are cooked, drain then immediately drizzle with olive oil so they don’t stick together. Grab a lasagna noodles and Spread a couple spoonfuls ricotta mixture evenly along leaving the last inch bare. Roll up and place in the prepared skillet; repeat with remaining pasta noodles and filling.
5. Place into oven and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Serve immediately. Garnish with ground pepper and fresh basil, chili pepper flakes & an optional drizzle of olive oil.