🍣 ‘Katsu’ Sushi Sandwiches or Onigirazus by thefoodietakesflight
You can find the recipe for the sushi rice below! The teriyaki sauce recipe is on her blog!
Japanese Sushi Rice
3 cups uncooked Japanese rice
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar (this type of vinegar is essential)
3 tbsp white sugar
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
Preparing the rice
1. Wash the Japanese rice 2-3 times with water.
2. Cook in a rice cooker. 1 cup rice = 1 cup water)
3. While the rice is cooking, pour rice vinegar, sugar and salt into a large wooden or ceramic bowl. Mix well.
4. Once rice is cooked, add into the vinegar mixture and mix well. The hot rice will easily absorb the mixture.
5. Cover the rice with a damp towel. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover with a towel or cling wrap then refrigerate.
Tag a friend in the comments who’d totally love this recipe! 💚
Follow the official pages ✅