Pasta with tomato & cream sauce by beferox
Follow us vegadishes for daily vegan recipes
• 1 small onion, very finely chopped
• 3 tbsp. vegan butter
• 2 tbsp. flour
• 150ml vegetable broth
• 250ml unsweetend plantbased milk (I like to use oat milk)
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
• 2 tbsp. Nutritional yeast
• Salt and pepper
• 1 tsp. sugar
• 1 tsp. lemon juice
• • •
1. Melt 2 tbsp. vegan butter in a saupan over medium heat. Add very finely chopped onion and cook for about 2 minutes or until onion becomes translucent.
2. Add another tablespoon of butter. Once the butter is melted, whisk in 2 tbsp flour.
3. Add vegetable broth and oat milk and whisk everything together until smooth.
4. Then, turn up the heat to high, add oregano, nutritional yeast, a pinch of pepper, sugar and lemon juice and continue whisking until the sauce starts to boil.
5. Once the sauce is boiling, turn off the heat, whisk for a few more seconds and add more salt if needed.