🥟😍 Purple Sweet Potato Dumplings! 📷 by thefoodietakesflight
Recipe: Makes 3
2 1/4 cups (310g) all-purpose flour 3/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp sweet potato powder
3/4 cup + 3 tbsp warm water
Filling (steps below)
1 240g block extra firm tofu, drained of excess water and then mashed
15 pieces (60g) dried shiitake mushroom, makes 1 ¼ cup rehydrated minced 1 head (450g) raw cabbage, makes 2 ½ cup minced 1 sweet potato (100g), makes 1/2 cup minced
2 small raw carrots (200g), makes 1 cup minced 1 red onion, chopped 3 cloves garlic, minced 2 tsp salt 1 ½ tbsp oil 2 ½ tbsp cornstarch
Making the dough and dumplings
1. Add in flour, sweet potato powder & salt in mixing bowl. Mix. Create a well in the center and pour in the warm water.
2. Use a spatula/chopsticks to mix the flour and water. Once the dough starts to come together, use your hands to mix the bits of dough. Knead together for several minutes. If the dough is a bit dry, add a splash of warm water.
3. Shape the dough into a ball. Place it in a bowl. Cover with a damp towel and let it rest for 15 minutes.
4. Knead the dough a few more times. Return to the bowl then cover with a towel. Let rest for 15 more minutes. Divide the dough into 35 pieces. Roll out into wrappers. Place the filling and then seal the dumplings. Pleat the sides depending on your desired folding technique
Sweet Soy Sauce 2 tbsp sugar 2 tbsp soy sauce 1/4 cup water 2 tbsp sesame oil 1 tsp sesame seeds Chili oil, optional
1. Add all the ingredients in a bowl. Adjust seasoning based on your desired taste.
Cooking the Dumplings 1. Place dumplings in a steamer.I lined mine with parchment paper. Steam the dumplings for 7-8 minutes or until the wrapper has turned into a darker shade of purple, is shiny, and chewy 2. Enjoy while hot with some sweet soy sauce. 👉🏼Steps for filling in comments below!
Tag a friend in the comments who’d love this! 💛