Roasted red pepper & cherry tomato fettuccine by thezestylime 🧡Who’d you share this bowl with? Get the recipe:
2 red bell peppers
250g cherry tomatoes
1 red chilli pepper (or a few pinches chilli flakes)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup cashews
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
1/2 tsp sea salt
black pepper, to taste
250g fettuccine noodles (gluten-free or wheat)
fresh basil, to garnish
1. deseed bell peppers and cut into quarters. slice cherry tomatoes in half. peel garlic.
2. line a baking tray with parchment paper and place bell pepper, tomatoes, chilli pepper (whole), and garlic onto it. drizzle everything with olive oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt. roast for 1 hour at 150 C/300 F/gas 2-3.
3. soak cashews in boiling water for at least 20 minutes until softened. drain before using.
4. remove veg from oven and set aside some tomatoes to garnish the dish. to a blender or food processor, combine the rest of the tomatoes, along with bell pepper and garlic. scoop out the inside of the chilli pepper and use as much or as little as you’d prefer, depending on your spice tolerance.
5. add cashews, water, olive oil, white wine vinegar, nutritional yeast, and sea salt and blend until smooth. season with pepper to taste.
6. cook fettuccine to al dente, according to instructions on the package. before draining, reserve some of the pasta water, about 1/2 cup (you won’t need to use it all).
7. drain pasta and transfer back to pot. pour in sauce and stir together well over low heat until noodles are completely coated. add a little pasta water to keep it nice and saucy, 1 or 2 tbsp at a time.
8. serve up and top with the rest of the roasted cherry tomatoes as well as some fresh basil leaves. drizzle with a little more olive oil, some cracked black pepper, and enjoy!