Smokey Cauliflower steak with roasted quinoa and kale salad by the_clumsy_vegan. 🥗 A very tasty cauliflower steak recipe!
Follow us vegadishes for vegan recipes 🌱
Cauliflower: 1 large cut into 2 thick steaks about 2 cm thick
Vegan butter: 1 Tbsp
Herbs of choice, I used Tarragon
Kale: 1 C
Quinoa: 1/2 C cooked
Liquid aminos or soya sauce or tamari: 2 T
Balsamic vinegar: 1 T
Olive oil: 2 T
Tomato puree: 1 T
Xylitol or sugar: 1 T
Smoked paprika: 1/2 T
1) Make sauce by mixing all the ingredients together
2) Preheat oven to 180C
3) Add butter into a skillet followed by cauliflower and herbs. Cook for a few minutes on each side till cauliflower begins to brown.
4) Spoon 2 T on sauce over each steak and cook for 1 minute more on each side
5) Transfer the contents of the skillet into a lined baking tray and place in the oven.
6) Roast the cauliflower for 40 minutes till done turning half way and and adding 1 T of sauce for each steak once turned . Finish cooking cauliflower under the grill 3 minutes on each side
7) Transfer cauliflower into serving plate and add kale and quinoa to the same baking tray.Mix kale and couscous with the remaining sauce on the tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes