Sweet and Sticky Tofu bowl by nourishingalex
Follow us vegadishes for daily vegan recipes
𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐞 • 1/2 block extra firm tofu, drained & pressed all the liquid out
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tbsp cornflour
1. Prepare the tofu by draining all the liquid out of the packaging, then gently pressing the tofu in between two clean tea towels until dry. Slice the tofu into bite-size cubes.
2. Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth and well combined. Stir in some sesame seeds for a crunchy ure.
3. Dunk the tofu cubes into the sweet sticky sauce until the tofu cubes are covered, then marinade them for 30 minutes by covering with clingfilm and placing them into the fridge to chill and soak up all the flavours.
4. transfer the tofu into a heated frying pan/wok with a little spray oil. Cook for about 10 minutes on a medium-high heat setting until sticky and firm.
5. Serve with your stir fry veggies and noodles! Enjoy!