🌱😍 Tofu Katsu Curry bowl! 📷 by thefoodietakesflight 🚨🚨Recipe: (Makes 4 katsu)
2 240g blocks fresh extra firm tofu
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste*
Canola oil, for frying (*Note: feel free to adjust the seasoning as needed. Jessica had his with curry sauce, which was already flavorful so she didn’t want the dish to be too salty)
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tbsp + 1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
1 cup japanese breadcrumbs, or more as needed
1. Drain water from the tofu by wrapping them in paper towels and then placing a heavy flat surface (a board or plate) on top of each. Leave for 15 minutes until water has been absorbed by the towels.
2. Slice each tofu into two 3/4-inch thick square slabs. Sprinkle with salt as needed.
3. Prepare the batter by mixing all the ingredients until smooth. This will be a really thick batter. In another plate or tray, add the breadcrumbs.
4. Place each tofu in the batter then coat into the breadcrumbs. Repeat this step for the rest of the tofu.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Once hot (you can test this by putting a little bread crumbs), add in the tofu. Fry for around 6-8 minutes over medium heat until golden brown. Take out of the oil then turn off the heat.
6. Let cool for 5-8 minutes then slice diagonally into strips.
Tag a friend in the comments who’d totally love this recipe! 💚
Follow the official pages ✅