🍜 Vegan Spicy Thai Peanut Ramen – one pot, hearty and filling without being heavy, flavorful broth, great for cold days!by rabbitandwolves
Follow us vegadishes for Daily vegan recipes .
* 2 Teaspoons Olive oil
* 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
* 1 Teaspoon Ginger, grated
* 1 Teaspoon Green curry paste
* 4 Cups Vegetable broth, divided
* 1 Can(13oz.-14oz.) Coconut milk, full fat
* 1/2 Cup Peanut butter, natural or organic
* 2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
* 2 Tablespoons Agave syrup
* Juice of 2 Limes
* 12 Ounces Ramen noodles
* In a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium high. Then add the chopped garlic and grated ginger. Saute, reducing heat as needed for a minute or 2 to cook the garlic.
* Now, add the curry paste, and stir it into the garlic and ginger. Cook for another minute.
* Then add 3 cups of veggie broth and the coconut milk. Stir to combine everything. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
* Next, in a medium sized bowl, whisk together the remaining cup of broth and the peanut butter. I find this makes it easier to incorporate the peanut butter.
* Now, add the peanut butter and broth to the pot and whisk to combine.
* Then add the soy sauce, agave and lime juice. Simmer on low for 5-10 minutes to develop the flavors. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add a pinch of salt if needed or more lime juice or agave if needed.
* Right before serving, add the ramen noodles into the pot. Simmer them, cooking according to package directions. They usually only take a minute or two.
* Serve immediately as is, or add veggies or tofu or whatever you want. I like to top with cilantro and chopped peanuts.