Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip with fresh baguette by twospoons.ca 💛
1 cup raw cashews
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons coconut oil
5 oz (140g) baby spinach
1 can (400 ml/14 oz) artichoke hearts, strained and pat dry, chopped
1 ¼ cups almond milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons miso
¾ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 vegan demi baguettes (1 box, 400g)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F/190C. Add the raw cashews to a small bowl and pour boiling water over top. Let soak.
2. In a medium-sized skillet add the garlic, onion and coconut oil. Bring to medium heat and cook until softened (about 10 minutes). Then add the baby spinach and cook until wilted (about 3 minutes). Add the artichoke hearts and simmer to remove any access water (about 5 minutes).
3. Strain the cashews and add to a high-speed blender with the almond milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, miso, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add the cooked spinach and artichoke and pulse a few times for a chunky texture.
4. Transfer the mixture to a small baking dish (I used an 8 x 2 inch round dish). Cook for 20 minutes, or until the dip becomes fragrant and starts to lightly brown around the edges. Let cool slightly.
5. Bake demi baguettes on a baking tray for 8-10 minutes at 410F. Let cool, then slice. Optional to toast the slices by turning the oven to broil and spreading the baguette slices onto the baking tray. Toast for 1 minute, or until golden brown, flip and toast the other side. Use the baguette slices for dipping into the spinach and artichoke dip.
*Note: This recipe uses artichoke hearts packed in water, not oil. It’s typically found in canned form.
[Recipe & Photography by twospoons.ca]